Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:52:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jaroslaw Micota <jerry@bellona.pl>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   low prioryty mitake with /dev/urandom acces

System Version: FreeBSD 4.4 RELEASE
Prioryty: low (information)
What is the problem: the /dev/urandom after instaling FreeBSD 4.4 from CD
has acces rights set to crw------. This is the problem when you try to ssh
to another computer (as plain user) ssh write following errors:

ssh: no RSA support in libssl and libcrypto.  See ssl(8).
Disabling protocol version 1
DH_generate_key

its hard to find (for a dumb user like me) that this is the problem with
/dev/urandom access rights. When rights are set to crw-r--r-- the ssh work
perfect. I think urandom is used to generate keys when you connect to
another host at firs time (or something like this).

Cure: changing rights to "r" in /dev/urandom

When error ocures: New FreeBSD 4.4 instaled from dowloaded iso images. It
doesnt happen when system is updated to 4.4 from previous versions (from
CD or cvsup)

Jaroslaw (Jerry) Micota

PS. Great job!!! FreBSD is superb