Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:40:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        gibbs@plutotech.com (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        Alan.Judge@indigo.ie, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vendor specific ASCQ SCSI errors in 2.2-STABLE

As Justin T. Gibbs wrote...
> >I sometimes get errors of the form:
> >        sd0(ahc0:0:0): ABORTED COMMAND asc:41,86 Vendor Specific ASCQ, retries
> >:4
> >only under high load and on multiple different disks (as far as I can reproduc
> >the problem).
>
> >From a quick look at the Atlas II tech ref I have here, this is:
>
> DDMA overrun or REQ/ACK overrun/underrun error.

This could well be a glitch on the REQ/ACK lines. Having bus stubs
(inside the canisters) makes the drives vulnerable to this problem.

Any chance you can try things without the canisters? (I know,
a horrible lot of work). An active terminator on the end of the
bus instead of a drive-internal terminator in a canister is also
worthwile.

Wilko