Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcelo Carvalho <marcelomcarvalho@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: porting BSD to Freebsd

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> You'll have to include more information about what
> you're trying to
> do.
>
> Kris

   Thanks Kris. I'll try to be more specific:

   Currently, I'm porting a /sys/sys/malloc.h from BSD
to FreeBSD. It turns out that the file I'm working on
has some "types of memory" added to the original list
that I've mentioned before ("types of memory").

   I got an e-mail telling me that these definitions
are now done through the MACRO_DEFINE file (in
freebsd). However, I found out that not all
definitions are there. They are now scattered in other
files (as the guy also suggested me to find out). My
problem is, since this is a NEW definition of type of
memory, I need to know where I should include it
appropriately.

   I have a very weak knowledge in kernel programming.
I'm kind of lost now. It is supposed to be just two
lines of definitions, but in which file now? Maybe I
still didn't get the idea of how the macros work...

   I hope I was more clear now. I would really
appreciate if some of you could give me some help on
this thing.

Thanks,
Marcelo.