Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:43:47 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
Cc:        vova@fbsd.ru, ports@freebsd.org, Simon Barner <barner@freebsd.org>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

Outback Dingo wrote:
> pam_fprint works (see below) but when i try to run the fprint demo i get
>=20
> STATUS: No Devices Found

Are you sure you have r/w access to the sensor's USB device?
>=20
> pam_fprint_enroll -f 7
> This program will enroll your finger, unconditionally overwriting any sel=
ected
> print that was enrolled previously. If you want to continue, press enter,
> otherwise hit Ctrl+C
>=20
> Found device claimed by UPEK TouchStrip driver
> Opened device. It's now time to enroll your finger.
>=20
> You will need to successfully scan your Right Index Finger 3 times to com=
plete
> the process.
>=20
> Scan your finger now.
> upekts:error [read_msg] non-zero bytes in cmd response
> upekts:error [read_msg28] expected response, got -1 seq=3D40

Something seems to go wrong. I have never seenn this error message.

Which sensor are you using? Can you send me the output of `usbdevs -vd'
in a private mail please?

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=
org