Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:19:26 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does FBSD Support Unnumbered Links?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:28:29 -0800  "Kory Hamzeh" wrote:
 +------------------
 | Does FBSD support unnumbered point-to-point links? I was asked this question
 | by someone recently. Based on what I could find out from the man pages, I
 | think the answer is "no". Although I saw some references on various mailing
 | lists that 4.3 BSD release did support it.
 +------------------

Do you mean un-numbered in the way that cisco routers may use it
on point-to-point and channel connections.  A single address on a
(perhaps virtual) interface on the router takes the role of the
router end address for any number of point to point channels
connected to the router.  This cuts almost in half the number of
IP addresses consumed by point-to-point circuits.

I think that the answer is a qualified no.  I'm not qualified, though to
list the qualifications ;-)

--
    Chris Fedde