Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:52:51 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk quotas stop working from time to time

Colleagues.

Did you ever notice that disk quotas are from time to time
spontaneously off on a 4.1-RELEASE.

The problem manifests itself as follows. Sometimes I notice that disk
quotas are suddenly off and a user can write to disk without limit. Running

checkquota -a -v
quotaon -a -v

helps for a time, i.e. the quotas are fixed and the limit is enforced
again. I cannot reproduce this because I do not know the reason. I
just know it happens.

Any ideas? Did anything change in the quota code in 4.x?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/149@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/