Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:35:54 +0200
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        Philipp Lengemann <freebsdmail@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: Trivial questions about CNTL-ALT-DEL and CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Philipp Lengemann wrote:
> Am Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:19:29 -0800
> schrieb "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>:
>

>> I _did_ go and read the Handbook section that Manolis Kiagias
>> kindly posted a link to, and I have now tried _both_ of the two
>> ways described there to re-enable CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE functionality
>> for the X server, and sadly I must report that for me, at least
>> _neither_ of those methods worked
>>

> Put the following to your xorg.conf:
>
> <snip>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>   Option "DontZap"         "off"
>   Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
>   Option "AutoAddDevices"  "off"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
> EndSection
> </snip>
>
> This works for me very reliable (xorg-7.4_2).

If you stick with HAL however (using "AllowEmptyInput" bypasses the
autodetection), you can just use the policy file in the Handbook and
just add the "DontZap" option in "ServerFlags" or "ServerLayout" section.
In fact, I've just written a patch for the Handbook that adds this
information and will be committed soon. In the meantime, you can view it
here:

http://www.freebsdgr.org/handbook-mine/x-config.html