Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:22:17 -0400
From:      "Justin P. Michel" <jpmichel@jcontinuum.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MySQL Server

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up a system at home, using FreeBSD, Apache, PHP4, and
MySQL.

FreeBSD, Apache, and PHP4 all went in perfectly, without any errors being
reported.

However, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get MySQL Server installed.
I have all the "prerequisite" packages installed, and I'm using the pkg_add
command with the following results:

---
>pkg_add
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/mysql-server-
3.23.49.tgz

Fetching...  Done.

Sorry, the host '192' cound not be looked up.
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
the --force option
pkg_add: command '/usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db' failed
mysql:*:88:
You alread have a group "myswl", so I will use it.
mysql:*:88:88:0:0:MySQL Daemon:/var/db/mysql:/sbin/nologin
You already have a user "mysql", so I will use it.
pw: WARNING: home '/var/db/mysql' does not exist
Changed home directory of "mysql" to "/var/db/mysql"
chown: /var/db/mysql: No such file or directory
pkg_add: install script returned error status
---

I've read various pages on MySQL, but nothing seems to address this error.
Can someone please direct me to a help page/site that can be of use, or
perhaps just tell me what I can do?

Regards,

Justin P. Michel
|- J Continuum