Date:      Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:02:38 -0400
From:      "Justin R. Pessa" <JustinR.Pessa@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Null modem and headless server

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

I have a DB9-DB25 cable with a null modem adapter on the DB25 end
running from my PC to my Sparc Classic X currently. I would like to use
this same cable to connect to another x86 PC _from_ the Sparc which I
would access via ssh.

My question is, does it matter which end of the serial cable the null
modem adapter is on? Can I simply move the DB9 end of the cable from my
current PC to the other x86 machine and be able to access the serial
console there? (it is configured for serial connectivity per the
handbook)

Thanks,

- j

| Justin R. Pessa - BOFH=20