Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:54:42 -0500
From:      "A. Blake Cooper" <blake@cluebie.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting from mylex acceleraid 250

I am attempting to install 4.5-release on a box that has the following
configuration:  mylex acceleraid 250(latest sw/fw/bios), (3) 9GB Seagate
ST39102LW drives, mylex bios geometry set to 2GB.  The array consists of
all 3 drives and there is 1 logical drive created that I believe is 24GB.
From sysinstall fdisk I choose 'A' entire disk, which creates a small area
at the front of the drive, the large data area, then a small area at the
end of the drive.  Note that I do not get any warning/notice about
dangerously dedicated.  Disk is labeled with the first partition being the
root partition and the size being 150MB.  The install completes
successfully and upon reboot, booting off the newly created disk, I get
'Operating system missing'.  I attemped putting the controller and the
drives in some other systems with the same results.  I also attempted to
install the freebsd boot manager, which yields a 'F1' and then just
beeps when you press F1.  Making it appear that the MBR cannot run the
second stage of the booting process.  Any thoughts are appreciated.
				Thanks,
				Blake

A. Blake Cooper <blake@cluebie.net>