Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:06:13 -0400
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>
To:        'Jonathan Lemon' <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, cambria@world.std.com, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: xl checksum and dsniff

When I do 'ifconfig xl0 -txcsum', a subsequent 'ifconfig' reads as if the
command had no effect.  In other words, ifconfig shows
options=3<rxcsum,txcsum> still.

Using tcpdump, it also still reports 'bad checksum' even though everything
works fine.

The man page for xl also doesn't show these commands.  Perhaps they are not
turned on yet?

On a similar machine, running OpenBSD 3.0, dsniff works just fine.  This
machine doesn't have support for checksum offload (or at least, ifconfig xl0
doesn't indicate it.)

MikeC