Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2011 22:49:34 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Sebastian Muniz <sjmuniz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtualbox install

In the last episode (Jul 10), Sebastian Muniz said:
> Anyway, this is to inform that installing virtualbox on a W7 64bits
> workstation, one should use the Intel/PRO 1000 MT Server 82567LM Gigabit
> adapter which loads as em driver.  Using PCNet or other intel does not
> work.

That's strange.  The NIC selection in the guest config should be unrelated
to the OS or hardware of the host.  Using a 32-bit XP host, I can use any of
the Intel NIC types (they all are handled by the em driver) or either PCNet
NIC (handled by the le driver) with no problems on my FreeBSD guests.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com