Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 08:46:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Sergey Shkonda <serg@bcs.zp.ua>
Subject:   Re: New command for cdcontrol(1)

On 06-Oct-99 Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 01:02:14PM +0300, Sergey Shkonda wrote:
>> I'm using this patch for cdcontrol(1):
>>
>>      cdid    Print the xmcd's CD id.
>
> Is the method used by xmcd used by anything else or is it just _a_
> method.
> What's the algorithm that the cddb boys use?  If it's the same then I
> believe that this is a useful patch.  If it's different - it should
> be
> made same :)

The method used by xmcd is a specific method specified by cddb, and the
comments in the patch he posted look just like the source code that
holds the authoritative algorithm for getting this id, so I believe it
is the proper algorithm.  I also think it is a useful patch, btw.

> Joe

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/