Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:18:08 +0000
From:      Peter Harrison <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pkg upgrade 'SAT solver' problem

Can someone help with a pkg upgrade problem please?

I've been relying solely on binary pkg for a while now without problem.
However, on doing the latest upgrade I get:

root@thinkpad:/home/peter # pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking for upgrades (377 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
cannot install package libxfce4util~x11/libxfce4util, remove it from
request? [Y/n]: n
pkg: cannot solve job using SAT solver

If I answer 'y' I get a much longer sequence of similar errors and the
upgrade still bombs.

This is on:

FreeBSD thinkpad 10.0-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p9 #0: Mon Sep 15
14:35:52 UTC 2014
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 amd64

Thanks for your help.