Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:57:41 -0800
From:      Vonleigh Simmons <nospam@illusionart.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mlock: not setgid mail

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:04:55AM -0800, Vonleigh Simmons wrote:
>> 	I asked this question before but I haven't found a solution. I'm
>> getting in my mail log the following entry repeated:
>>
>> usr/local/libexec/mlock[755]: (64) not setgid mail
>>
>> 	And I can't figure out what it's complaining about. Below is the
>> resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-December/
>> 067212.html>

	While looking at that thread again I found this also from Dan Nelson:
---
The code that does the check is this:

   struct group *grp = getgrnam ("mail");
   if (!grp || (grp->gr_gid != getegid ())) die ("not setgid
mail",EX_USAGE);
---
	Looking up the man pages I see that getegid gets the group id of the
calling process.

	What is the calling process to mlock?  I tried setting ipop2d, ipop3d
and imapd to group mail but that didn't change anything.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>;