Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:29:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum performance testing...

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Brad Knowles wrote:

> Folks,
>
> 	I don't know if anyone here cares about this or not, but I've
> finally correlated some previous performance tests I had run a while
> back with rawio and vinum under FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.  I gave these
> numbers to Greg at the time I collected them, but until now I had
> never actually put them into graphical format.
>
> 	See <http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/FreeBSD/vinum.html>; for
> the details of the test environment and links to the GIFs showing the
> final results.

	Nice.  I can use these graphs when making arguments about whether
to buy DPT's or other hardware.

	My only question is have you thought about adding system CPU usage
to the graphs?  It seems that under most cases CPU cycles are the only
thing the DPT's are saving, but I have no idea how many cycles are spent by
vinum.

cheers,

	Adrian
--