Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:37:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   100.chksetuid and nfs

Hello all,

I've never noticed this on any 4.x boxes, but on 6.2 I'm seeing the
following in the daily security run:

Checking setuid files and devices:
find: /usr/src: Operation timed out
find: /usr/ports: Operation timed out
find: /usr/obj: Operation timed out

Those three directories are mounted via nfs.  It seems like when the daily
run kicks off on a bunch of boxes it's traversing nfs mounts and
temporarily swamping the nfs server.  I don't see any real differences in
the chksetuid script from 4.11 to 6.2...  Any ideas what has changed or
how to prevent the script from traversing nfs mount points?

Thanks,

Charles