Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 18:15:14 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   APC PowerChute under FreeBSD

Hi,

  Has anybody suceeded in running APC's PowerChute for SCO under
FreeBSD -stable ?

  I'm trying, but it fails during install with a warning telling to
put the serial line in local (no modem) mode.  I'm using /dev/cuaa1,
so this must not be the real problem.  If I try to run the daemon,
ignoring this warning, it will fail saying it could not connect to the
UPS.

  With ktrace I detected that the error appears after a sendmsg
syscall with the serial port descriptor.  Is this an emulation
problem ?  Should I trust the syscall names given by ktrace in a
emulated executable ?

  TIA,

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro