Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:02:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   partial archive recovery

There were programs in (I think) comp.sources.unix about 8 years ago
to handle this problem.  "targ" and "tarl" were the program names, to
extract and list, respectively, damaged tape archives/images.  I have
found them very useful in instances of degraded media.  Unfortunately
I only have the SunOS4 binary right now.

Can someone forward this info to the orginal inquirer, Gianmarco
Giovannelli, whose mail address was not part of the digest?

//alk