Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3357: I make "pari-GP" ports

The following reply was made to PR ports/3357; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To: yoshiaki@kt.rim.or.jp
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

 By the way, the reason why I asked is because NO_PACKAGE is no longer
 a boolean.  You need a reason there. :)

  *   It can be freely copied and spread, as long as no files are modified, and
  *   that the whole package (source and manual), including this README file
  *   is included.

  * If we want to distribute binary package, we must distribute  both
  * binary packages and original packages.

 Hmm.  We do include both the original distfile and the package on any
 medium that we distribute.  I don't think it would be a problem,
 unless the above means that they have to be in the exact same file
 (but then you can't distribute it in extracted form either, which
 doesn't make any sense).

 Why don't you put a notice (pkg/MESSAGE would be fine) that the
 authors request that the distfiles always accompany the package?  You
 can also say "the distfile can be found at /cdrom/ports/distfiles or
 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/ somewhere very close to
 this package".

 Satoshi