Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:47:36 -0700
From:      Russell Jackson <rjackson@cs.csubak.edu>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        mixtim@home.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is the STABLE branch not so stable anymore?

Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> Hmmm.  It seems like this thread has degraded to simple
> project-bashing so I'll not be a party to keeping it on life support
> any longer.  Suffice it to say that people make mistakes and of far
> greater importance is whether or not they realize it when they do and
> correct those mistakes.  The pam/ssh suckage was backed out by Mark,
> with profuse apologies for his mistake, and the rest of the reports
> we've already covered so I think we can just let that rest.
>
> Finally, let's not forget that nobody is FORCING you to run -stable.
> In fact, users in your category are always recommended to stick with
> the releases and not upgrade until a new one comes out so I'm not
> even sure why we're having this conversation in the first place.
>
> - Jordan

I appologize if I seemed to be bashing the project in some way. That was
entirely not the intent of my posts.

I simply wish to know why the build is breaking (if for no more reason
than to know I'm not an complete idiot). Stable never did this before,
and I'm tired of getting the "you aren't doing it right" answer.

I have the upmost respect for the freebsd development team. Sorry again.