Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:38:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Allix Primus <alleve@idirect.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Allix Primus wrote:

>I have tried many different linux distributions and have gotten very use
>to linux, I was just wondering what are the major differences between
>free bsd and linux, and does freebsd use the same commands?

Sure FreeBSD uses the same commands, as most unices do. There are what is
known as "flavor differences".

You will see differences in file system arrangement, /etc, disc naming,
and so forth. If you can handle one unix you can get a grip on others
pretty quickly.

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither