Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:19:37 +0100
From:      Sebastien Gioria <gioria@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
Cc:        hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp, eyurtese@turkuamk.fi, horikawa@jp.freebsd.org, freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i18n question about localization

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:00:46 +0200 (WET) the keyboard of Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi> wrote:

> I guess it is not so difficult, just change some text in files in
> localization directory. (I guess)
>
> But I think this is really cosmetic change, I wonder if somebody is not

Yes, I've just have a look at it. I seem very simple to do this. But What I thinking is to integrate this
in the FreeBSD CVS tree.... So This is why I talk about a re-thinking of systinstall, to be
perhaps more maintainable across new FreeBSD version with localised version.

> capable of using the simple sysinstall because its in English then how can
> they read man pages and FreeBSD handbook etc. then use FreeBSD after its
> installed, unless they want to use it as workstation in which KDE etc. has
> localizations ready.

Yes too. Just If you do new install system, you could automaticly do this with a choose
of the language in the boot...

Does it make sense ?