Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:18:55 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd from windows nt without using boot disks

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Michael C . Wu wrote:

> Boris, How much is USD$170,000.00 in Russian Rubles?
> And if you do not mind, please give us a rough estimate of how much
> a Russian kernel hacker gets paid an year?  :)
>
> USD$510,000.00 for copyright, code, and one unix-guru's 6 months' work.
> Hmmm, where do I sign up for the job? :)

	Well, lets do some calculations to convert these trailing zeros
to a monthly "salary":

	170000 / 6 = 28333.3(3)
	510000 / 6 = 85000.00

	The first number is about 18 - 36 times bigger than the monthly
salary of the good C/C++ programmer (one may calculate the same for a
second number, I don't wan't to look at result :). Eg, if you find a way
to transfer money to the CIS area, then someone (possibly a group of
people) can easily dedicate 12 hours per day for this task :)

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/