Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:28:08 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anti-Unix Site Runs Unix

Terry Lambert said on Apr  2, 2002 at 15:13:24:

> Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> > > The Mozilla website.
> >
> > URL, please?
> >
> > I had a look at the release notes for 0.9.9 and what I found was,
> >
> >   Mozilla has been tested with all 1.3.0_* versions of the JRE, and JRE
> >   1.3.1, and beta versions of JDK 1.4. J2SE releases previous to
> >   1.3.0_01 will not work with Mozilla .
>
> Last time I checked, these did not run on FreeBSD.  The URL
> for the FAQ entry for Java (again!) is:
>
> 	http://www.gerbilbox.com/newzilla/mozilla/usingmoz07.php

That hardly looks like "the Mozilla website" to me.  As for FreeBSD,
till recently the bottleneck was Sun's licensing policy.  At present,
my understanding is Java does work on Mozilla under FreeBSD.  The
catch is you have to build it yourself, again because of Sun's
licensing policies.  Nothing to do with Mozilla really.

Your statement, let me remind you, was

   Without the Netscape connection, it fails to support Java.

and this is not true on any of the platforms where java is supported
at all.

Rahul