Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:16:45 -0700
From:      William Maddox <maddox@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sun type 5 keyboards (dream mode on)

> A couple of keyboard companies make PC keyboards with the Sun type 5
> layout.  Unfortunately, I don't remember off hand which ones.  But
> you should be able to find them if you dig through catalogs and grovel
> around the Web a bit.  I'd start in the Yahoo Computing/Hardware page.
> You might also check the SunExpress Web page (you get to it through
> the Sun Web page.)

My most recent NuData Workstation Express catalog lists a
"Sun/PC Universal Keyboard", no. DCA1905, for $140.  It purports
to "combine the best features of a Sun type 3, 4, and 5 with a
PC 101 keyboard."  The layout looks like the type 4 keyboard on
my SparcII with the extra PC cursor keys.  The keyboard is supposed
to work on both PC's and Suns.   Though it is not entirely clear,
the keyboard is apparently "Sun native" and requires a $20 adapter
cable for a PC/AT or PS/2 type connection.

NuData: 1-800-844-5757

--Bill