Date:      16 Mar 2001 14:39:39 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Staroffice 5.2 not working from ports

Hi all,

I got no fix to this last time, so I deinstalled Staroffice 5.2,
removed the distfiles and tried again.

If I do make install-user as a user, and attempt to run Staroffice 5.2
(FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE), I get the following message :

In Staroffice 5.2 Installation, the following file
could not be found!

/home/waynep/office52/user/sofficerc

Staroffice 5.2 requires this file to be executed correctly. With the
aid of the setup program it may be restored.

Click 'Repair' to let the setup program repair your 'StarOffice 5.2'
installation. Click 'Cancel' to terminate the installation now.

If I click repair, when I run soffice again, the same message comes
up. If I launch it from /usr/local/office52/bin/soffice, same thing.

If I run it as root though, it works. But I don't want to run as root.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk