Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 00:03:24 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Aaron Siegel <aj@siegel-tech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hosting Companies

Aaron Siegel wrote:

>Hello
>
>I know this has been ask many times before, but  I will ask it again.  Are
>there any list of companies or does anyone know of any good hosting companies
>(email, web,....) that use FreeBSD servers.
>
>Thank you
>
>Aaron Siegel

Heh, I do a tad of hosting myself, but this is not a shameless plug
for me ... I have noticed, though, that no one has yet mentioned
Pair Networks.

They recently "blessed" FreeBSD by providing one of the
committers with a good chunk of US dollars (equivalent to
about a year's salary for a first year teacher in the USA, maybe
at least 4+ months for a programmer?) so he could invest a good
deal of time coding FreeBSD in the months ahead....

They also advertise the facts that they use Open Source software and
support the O. S. community.  I don't know if they are a "great" service
(but I have a feeling they very might well be) because, like I said, I host
myself, but I'm thinking they ought to be well-considered for any "short
list" you are putting together.

My $0.02,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.