Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:48:04 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Shashi Dookhee" <dookhee.s@trafficproximity.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How would you do this?

Hi Shashi,

My concern is the second time it is run, I need to make sure that I don't
send another e-mail because of OLD messages (which I already sent an e-mail
for an hour ago). I looks like I need to parse the file and keep the
timestamp of the newest log message that triggered the e-mail, and then only
check for new messages with newer timestamps. That is something that I don't
feel competent enough to do with a scripting language (i.e. convert a syslog
time to a absolute number).

Kory