Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:43:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        Emmanuel.Coulon@lip6.fr (Emmanuel COULON)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AIC-7890 driver in 2.2.5

Emmanuel COULON wrote...
> I still _need_ 2.2.5 on my PC with Asus P2B-DS MB (with 1 CPU).
> Is there any way to insert the AIC-7890 driver src
> from a CAM-snapshot in my 2.2.5-release /sys ?
> (like the Ethernet XL driver @ www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/3Com
> that I successfully installed)

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but it would be very difficult for
someone who doesn't know what they're doing.  (It might be doable if you
know what you're doing.)

I think a better use of your time would be to get a Rev. A 2940 and not
worry about making CAM work on 2.2.5.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry