Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:46:09 +0000
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   STR9104 ARM system available

[Mail to embedded I'm not subscribed to freebsd-arm]

Hi,

I have been collating my bits, and I have an Emprex p2p Download Engine
NAS-100 available.
Cash flow is king at the moment, but I'd rather donate it than go to the
trouble of selling it on.

The STR9104 is a low power ARM-based system-on-chip.  Cavium acquired
Star, and sent links to Linksys GPL source tarballs.
These contain some but not all of the story.

As documented in earlier threads on this list, it is possible to crack
into the boot loader by deliberately corrupting the flash environment
region.

There is also a guy working on pushing support for this SoC into Linux
2.6; link not to hand, easily searchable on the web.

Let me know if you're interested in working on getting FreeBSD onto this
platform, and I can send this box to you.

thanks,
BMS