Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:48:14 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@me.com>
Subject:   Re: Digi CCWMX53

Warner,

First, I was just watching your 2010 talk on supporting FreeBSD in a
commercial environment. Has there been any updates in the process of
maintaining a commercial branch in the last 4 years (not that I have any
commercial ventures yet! lolz)?

Anyway, I talked to an Engineer about the NAND controller spec and he
chided me for being naive (poor little software developer, in way over his
head. tisk tisk). He mentioned a FIVE THOUSAND page reference manual, which
I have yet to find on the Digi site.

I have however found this hardware reference:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90001270_E.pdf

>From Page 41:

NAND flash memory
The ConnectCore for i.MX53 module provides 8GB of NAND flash memory. On the
module in
the development kits a 512MByte, 2Kbyte page, NAND flash chip is used. This
NAND flash
device is connected to NAND flash Chip Select 0.
The NAND flash controller signals are available on the module connectors.

There are pin references to NAND further down in the section "GPIO
multiplexing table in the ConnectCore for i.MX53 module" on page 44 and 49.

I fear this is not the information we are looking for.

I have found another u-boot fork for the CCWMX53 on github here:
https://github.com/Varcain/uboot-ccwmx53-digi

With what seems to be the information about booting from NAND here:
https://github.com/Varcain/uboot-ccwmx53-digi/tree/master/nand_spl

If you can let me know what I am looking for I can both ask a more directed
question at work and also perform a better search.

I have also started looking over the Architecture handbook as well because
I have a feeling there is going to be lots of driver code in my future.

Okay, I need to stop staying up this late!

Good Night,

Russ