Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:01:20 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
Cc:        Doug Reynolds <mav@wastegate.net>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bug ? Building kernel/world error on Cyrix

Guilherme Oliveira wrote:

> Doug Reynolds wrote:
> >
> > sounds like you might have gotten a blurp in the src.  re-cvsup and try
> > again.
> > unless you were trying to just build 4.5-Release..
>
> I did that 2 times :/
>
> It was cvsup'd the first time to RELENG_4 and the second to RELENG_4_5.
I got the same problem sometimes. I have always a copy of my kernel config's
in f.e. /var/kernconf/ or sth. like this.

If I run into a problem like this,
  1st: I look for a core dump. If there is a one, I look for the last executed
       command (in your case it seems to be perl), so I run
         bash-2.05a# gdb perl core
         (gdb) bt
       now you see where the error is.

       I got a problem earlier and a rebuild of world and make a "make install"
       in /usr/src/contrib/perl/libperl (or so) removed the problem.
  2nd: if nothing seems to help, I delete the entire /usr/src & /usr/obj, re-cvsup
       and rebuild it all. Also check /etc/make.conf if you make sth. ...

Hope it helps,
Jens

> []'s
>
> --
> mailto:guilherme@nortenet.pt || http://guilherme.host-valley.com/

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/