Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:12:23 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?VsOhY2xhdiBIYWlzbWFu?= <V.Haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to boot on ASUS Vintage-PE1

--------------enigE103C925750CA4F13E69A6E3

Hi,
I have been given new hw to move one of our servers to, the ASUS Vintage-=
PE1.
Last two times I have been changing hw for the server I only needed to mo=
ve
disks to new box and everything worked, the OS booted without any
complications. Not this time with this new hw. When I put the disks into =
the
Vintage-PE1 hw, the loader doesn't find the root and kernel. In fact, the=

loader's lsdev does not show any partitions/devices besides the raw disks=
=2E
There are two 200G Seagate disks in GEOM Mirror. The OS is FreeBSD 6.1.

Is the Vintage-PE1 hw known to have problems with FreeBSD (or vice versa)=
? (I
googled but I did not find anything significant.)

--
Vaclav Haisman