Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:25:03 -0700
From:      Orion Hodson <orion@freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel D850EMV2L

--- Repeated posting disclaimer -----------------------------------------------
This message has already been posted on -hardware and -multimedia, but nobody
has stepped forth, this is a final to attempt to elicit a response.

Randy Bush and I are trying to understand a problem with his Intel D850EMV2L
motherboard.  Audio on the motherboard should be supported by the ich audio
driver (Intel 82801BA - ICH2), but does not work on Randy's box.  The issue
reported is consistent with a mixer problem, ie card probes, attachs, plays
sound, but no audio is heard.  There are plenty of other boxes with the same
Intel 82801BA chipset with working audio.

If you own an Intel D850EMV2L we'd be interested in knowing if sound
works for you running *any* recent FreeBSD version.

Thanks
- Orion