Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:09:57 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Mark Ovens" <marko@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
Subject:   Re: POLL: Kylix for FreeBSD ??

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:44:37 +0000 (GMT), Terry Lambert wrote:

>I'm already a Borland user.  But if you are not, you must
>register for SPAM in order to be permitted to vote, and then
>you have to take a confirmation email they give you and paste
>a URL into a browser to verify that you have not lied about
>your email address, so that they can confirm the ability to
>SPAM you (they let you opt out of getting email SPAM, or so
>they say, but...).

There is actually a trivial way to check if they spam.
Method 1
1-Register a new address at yahoo/hotmail (your prefered free
email site)
2-Register at Borland's community page unmark all the Spam
buttons

Wait to see if you get spammed..

Method 2 (even better)
1-Register a new address at a non free email service
2-Register at Borland's community page unmark all the Spam
buttons
Wait to see if you get spammed..

The different between 1 and 2 is that on 1 you may be victim of
the mail servervice giving out your addres or even using it
themselves to send you spam.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate