Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:19:59 -0600
From:      Mike Murphree <n4cnw@knology.net>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux jdk 1.3 and Hotspot works!?

FWIW,  I ran a Java app under the Linux JDK 1.3.0 earlier and
it didn't crash, but it generated a console error message about
a "troublesome thread" and about brought the machine to its
knees.  I tried killing processes, but system response was awful,
and told it to shutdown.  Shutdown took over 5 minutes on an
850 MHz Athlon.

Mike