Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:20:27 -0800
From:      Sean Ellis <sellis@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recover from var deletion; mysql apache

Hello,

4.10-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-PRERELEASE #0: Mon May  3 16:59:48 PDT 2004

I am working to recover a computer whose /var filesystem, a separate
mount point, was entirely deleted.

I've put in a new /var using mergemaster, and I'm now trying to restore
the mysql databases from dumps. With the original /var/db/mysql gone
I've tried making a new one, but when I do something like

sudo mysql mysql < mySQL.mysql.dump

I get an error of

ERROR 1049: Unknown database 'mysql'

I'm unable to create an empty 'mysql'. How can I reinitialize mysql to
the state that I can use my dump files to restore the system?

Also, although the web server is up and running, trying to use apachectl
gives the following error,

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmm.so.13" not found

I have a similar error from vim. Can anyone help me with this?

thanks,

--
Sean