Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 1996 16:50:43 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de (Michael Beckmann), isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INN history file and disk I/O

On Sep 15,  9:38pm, Michael Beckmann wrote:
} Subject: INN history file and disk I/O
} In general, the performance of this system is good; I see about 5 - 10 %
} cpu load and almost no swap usage. I get immediate response from the
} system, except when I try to telnet to the nntp port. nntp readers simply
} time out; it takes forever until the INN prompt appears, if it appears at
} all. This situation changes when I throttle the INN. Then I get the INN
} prompt immediately.

Are you receiving any streaming feeds?  There are problems with INN that
cause it become unresponsive because it can be monopolized by a streaming
feed.

			---  Truck