Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 11:33:26 +0800
From:      Trent Nelson <tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au>
To:        tsikora@powerusersbbs.com
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't assign resources

Ted Sikora wrote:

> I have been getting these messages from my kernel for some time now.
> Could the culprit be these 2 isa cards:
> non-pnp SB16 sbc0
> ne2000 ed0
> They are on a SMP BP6

	I've posted a message both to current and questions about this now. I'm
experiencing the same thing with roughly the same I/O addresses being
claimed. I doubt it has anything to do with the ISA cards you mention as
many of the addresses relate to things like the DMA registers/timer and
other associated resources.

	Could someone please either take a look at this, or give an
authoritative comment as to why it's happening.

	If someone points me in the direction of the particular code where the
unknown driver is claiming the devices; I'll make an attempt to take a
look at it myself.

> May  3 14:53:19 telecast /kernel: unknown0: <PNP0000> at port
> 0x20-0x21,0xa0-0xa1 irq 2 on isa0
> May  3 14:53:19 telecast /kernel: unknown1: <PNP0200> at port
> 0-0xf,0x81-0x83,0x87,0x89-0x8b,0x8f-0x91,0xc0-0xdf drq 4 on isa0

> Ted Sikora
> Jtl Development Group
> tsikora@powerusersbbs.com

	Regards,