Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:28:05 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Another Favor request with RADIUS

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

With the vast amount of experience available on this list, I hope someone
has at least used some proprietary software called EXTENT RBS (For
ISPs) and some legacy equipment from Livingston called Portmaster 2E.

I've spent most of my life with Portmaster 2E and was whistling all the
way home when my boss decide that we can now advance to Cisco Access
Servers. Due to some emergency my boss dumped another Portmaster 2E and a
USR Modem rack into my office. Being the boss he says there are 20 phone
lines lying idle and what I need to do is to get the portmaster accepting
dialins.

Now I run this RBS Stuff (sorry, it only runs on Linux) and it works
superb with the Cisco 3600 Access Servers.

Not with the portmaster. I am not inexperienced with the Portmaster but
this one has gotten me stumped. When I do test runs, the modems handshake
okay but authentication fails. I have configured the Portmaster well, with
a share secret btn it and the RBS Radius Server. I've also read the RBS
manual once again and exhausted all pages talking about the Livingston
product. Nothing shows even on the logs for the RBS Radius server.

I am suspecting a port mismatch between the Portmaster and the RBS.=20
While that is simple suspicion, I've read some very nice portmaster
manuals at www.express.ru/docs/ but still can't seem to find a setting to
change the port the Portmaster is using to communicate. My memory seems to
have fast faded but I think the portmaster uses port 1645 UDP for radius
auth. Can someone verify this? RBS uses port 1812 (auth) and 1813
(accounting). Portmaster has ComOS 3.5 but I can upgrade.

I need some help, if someone has any ideas.

MTIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Don't marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper.=20
-Scottish Proverb=20

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ--