Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:43:00 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ironic picture...

In our local paper today (Wednesday) there was a rather ironic picture.

On the corner of the main intersection in North Dakota [well, it's supposed
to be the busiest intersection in ND anyway], some anti-drunk driving group
[MADD] installed a smashed up sheriff's car.  The sign behind the car reads
        "Please make drinking & driving a thing of the past
             in memory of Deputy Sheriff Luther F Klug".

This is so far a powerful setting.  But enter two billboards facing the car,
one to the north and the other to the east.  The north billboard just happens
to be an advertisment for Canadian Windsor... the east billboard displaying
an advertisement for Coor's Light.

BTW, the car [installed Monday] was moved today [Wednesday] after the picture
was published.  Coincidence?  perhaps...  I found it later in a much less
visible location.

The link to just the picture is: http://www.gfherald.com/art2/1015madcar.jpg
and the story is http://www.gfherald.com/news/news.htm/.

Since that is now yesterday, news story might not still be there.

--
Zach Heilig