Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:10:16 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newerThinkpads

Brett Glass wrote:

> At 06:12 PM 11/29/2000, Bill Woods wrote:

[ Snip}

> >also on my other 600e, when my baby boy ripped the
> >keys off and broke the springs, they replaced the keyboard, in
> >warreentee. They shipped me a shipping box, and in 7 days I had my
> >repaired units........
>
> Seven days is far too long when you're relying on a laptop. Especially
> when the system is shipped in and out via an overnight courier. This
> means that they dawdled for 5 days....

I like a good round of IBM bashing as much as the next guy :-)
But I think your expectations for warranty repair is a little out of
whack. I agree that seven days without a laptop is a long time, but
I don't expect expedited service without paying for it (either
on a case by case basis or with a service contract). If your laptop
is critical to your work, you should be prepared to pay for expedited
service. Either that or you do like I do; if it breaks, it means it
time to "upgrade" my laptop :-) and be very thankful for backups.

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited