Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:51:43 +0300
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "Minotaur" <minotaur@pth.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with IPX

How are you running IPXrouted? Mine is stated via rc.conf
with the following:

ipxgateway_enable="YES"        # Set to YES to enable IPX routing.
ipxrouted_enable="YES"         # Set to YES to run the IPX routing daemon.
ipxrouted_flags="-s"           # Flags for IPX routing daemon.

note -s option - it isn't default.

Boris Popov's page descibes setup basics for IPX under FreeBSD:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bp/

Ah, almost forgot: a couple of years ago we were running
NT file server over IPX (..grin..) and some Win9x workstaions
were sharing their resources over IPX - and all this in the segmented
Ethernet ... it appeared that all this strange stuff worked only
when we discovered one "secret" sysctl: net.ipx.ipxnetbios
(... me looking at /etc ... aha!) I still have in my /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.ipx.ipxnetbios=1

HTH,
Igor