Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:38:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Scylla (pat. pending) and Charibdes.NET

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Brian Sobolak wrote:

:Hello j,
:
:Wednesday, October 31, 2001, 7:52:12 AM, you wrote:
:
:
:jm> Well, rats.  I have been supporting Barnes and Noble because of the
:jm> patent issue with Amazon.  But now I read that Amazon is using Linux and
:jm> saving money compared to Unix and (possibly) MS.  And BN is using .NET
:jm> in its backend for order fulfillment.
:
:jm> I hate to support amazon, with the patent issue, but i also hate to
:jm> support a .net early adopter.
:
:Why not support your local bookseller instead?

Because paying more for a smaller selection is right up there on the list
of stupid things to do with your time.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"