Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:10:54 -0700
From:      Woody Carey <carey@roguewave.com>
To:        "'James R. Shrenk'" <dionysos3@crosswinds.net>, Joe Royce <joe@team7.cba.ualr.edu>
Cc:        Mark Thomas <thomas@pmpro.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cannot mount cd indicates bad ide cd drive - replace?

Thank you all for your help with this so far!  I love this list!

I fiddled with this over the weekend, and got things working.

The below fstab entry you sent was what was in /etc/fstab, thanks.

'mount /cdrom' works on this machine *only if* a cd is in the drive
during boot up.  I have not tested this extensively.

Since this was not IIRC the behavior of my 2.2.5-RELEASE box (SCSI
drives), this begs the question: Is this the _correct_ behavior?  I
suspect I have more to fix...