Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:07:58 -0700
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   is this portupgrade command close?

	Looks like OpenOffice-1.0.3 works on another server, so I
	would like to upgrade from v1.01.  But I want to backup
	the older version.

	A 'make package' built a pkg tarball and tar -t listed 3K+
	files in the newer version.  A bit too much to mess with
	by hand.

	If I put the package into /usr/ports/packages/All, is  there
	some portupgrade magic that will -b backup the early version
	and install the newer?  The man page suggests that

	   # portupgrade -bP openoffice-1.0.3

	willl do what I want.

	In /root/.cshrc is:

	   set PKG_PATH=/usr/ports/packages/All