Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 17:42:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, dennis wrote:

> >Dennis, your software was not stable.  It was very unreliable.  Certain
> >features just did not work.
>
> You were testing advanced features before getting the basic configuration
> right. Comparing the "stability" of a product you have years of experience
> configuring to one you have 1 week or experience with is simply
> inappropriate. You made exactly 0 phone calls to get support...it was
> obvious you were simply building a list of complaints...

Dennis, you should learn to leave well enough alone.  We did call and
email for support.  That is when we were told that the other two manuals
weren't missing, you just weren't going to supply them; that yes the
manual was out of date but it didn't matter because you would fax through
some (some!) of the new pages; that yes some of the software didn't work
but it was an easy bug to fix and you would fix it and we could FTP it
from your server (which we did); and oh by the way compression didn't
work and we were dumb sh*ts for expecting it to work because it was
only a feature; and my god didn't we complain a lot ...

We were evaluating products, none of which we were very familiar with.
Part of the evaluation was looking at the quality of the support team
at the supplier.  Hello, Dennis.

> Happily others have has more luck. Others will testify that if you give
> me what I ask for....the problem is fixed in a very short time. thats what
> support is.

If you calmly read what I wrote before you started this mini flame war,
you would see that I speculated that support might have improved.

I used to see you flaming people all of the time on bsid-users and this
list, but for some time there has been none of this.  We speculated
here that perhaps your business was going better and you had mellowed
out a little.  Guess we were wrong ;-)

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015