Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 14:07:11 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <monkey@crackula.com>
To:        xeon@gmx.ch
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos

you can only mount from disks that are recognized. first of all:

# dmesg |grep "^ad"

that will tell you which IDE hdd's are there that you can mount from.
you can't be mounting from disks that don't exist. verify that
/dev/ad6 is actually a real drive in your system. that's an awful
lot of IDE drives.

once you've decided which drive you're actually going to mount from,
you need to make sure you're choosing a valid slice. assuming that
/dev/ad6 is the actual drive you want to mount from, the easiest thing
to do (without looking into and interpreting partition schemes on the
disk) is to just:

# mount_msdos /dev/ad6s1 /mnt
# mount_msdos /dev/ad6s2 /mnt
etc.

until something works. but try first to make sure you're using the
right disk.

-Adam

David Banning took 0.6K on Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 04:51:18PM -0400 to say:

--
"I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see I am serious!"
	-Mr. Sparkle