Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:09:29 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: allowing access to a single directory

On 2003-02-16 16:54, Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >You could always move the FTP directory to a slice that has room.
>
> Yes, I actually thought of that, but then I'd leave my (in this
> case) /usr slice vulnerable to being filled-up with ... junk.
> Unless I put in quotas, I suppose.  Hmmm.  I'll think on that; but
> I also have an HD which I'm not really using.

One of the nice tricks that I've seen in use in anonymous FTP servers
to avoid this problem was to mount a file of limited size as the
server's /incoming directory.  Anonymous users can still write files
then, but they can only write a limited amount of data.  In -stable,
you'd use the vnconfig(8) utility.  In -current, mdconfig(8).